Monday, October 26, 2009

Making a list and checking it twice

Word of the day: ju-ve-nil-i-ty (noun) Juvenile state, character, or manner.

You know how when you're young and madly in love with the cutest boy in your class and you spend all day doodling your first name with his last name, inside a heart?  You would spend math class getting used to writing a different last name (because who needs integers anyways?) and then geography class colouring in the hearts (after all, you only needed blue and green to colour in the maps; that red pencil crayon needed love too) and then, during history you would add the necessary swirls and curlicues and arrows through the heart.  And then you would spend all night doing the homework you ignored during the day because it was far more important to express your undying love and adequately prepare for your name change.

Well, I have decided I am far too old for such hijinx.  No, what is more appropriate for someone my age is to make faux wedding guest lists.  Actually, I did this more out of curiosity of how many family members I'll have to invite to my wedding.  (I should note that I am not planning on getting married any time soon.  I was simply bored at work.)

I have a large family.  My mom is one of six kids and my dad is one of 11.  Add in partners and cousins and cousins' partners and suddenly there are A LOT of people to invite.  With only aunts, uncles and first cousins considered, I have 75 family members to invite to my wedding.

SEVENTY-FIVE.

That does not include any friends or even my bridal party, let alone my husband's family and friends and groomsmen.

Holy crap, that is a lot of people.  Good thing I'm not getting married soon; means I've got more time to save up for the larger-than-anticipated wedding I hope to have one day.

No comments: