Saturday, October 17, 2009

October = awesome

Word of the day: Oc-to-ber (noun) The tenth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar.

October has been a good month so far.  It's only the 17th today but lots of good things have happened.

October 1 - I officially became a full-time employee of Rogers Publishing.  The relief that this brought - not to mention the benefits, vacation time and Rogers employee discount - was huge.

October 6 - my boyfriend's twin nephews arrived!  I love babies (as can be evidenced over my cooing and gooing at any tiny human I see) and the arrival of two brand new people was just awesome.

October 10 - two very awesome and amazing friends of mine, Laura and Paul, got hitched.  It was a beautiful wedding for two beautiful people and, even though my ear infection antibiotics kept me from imbibing, it was still a whole bunch of fun.  See, aren't they cute?

October 16 - Where the Wild Things Are FINALLY opened!  I haven't seen this movie yet but I've been impatiently waiting for it to arrive and now that it's here...I don't have solid plans to see it (yet) but I'm pretty sure I can finagle my beau to accompany me.  Seriously, doesn't it look awesome?  (And the inclusion of The Arcade Fire doesn't hurt either.)


Oh October, what will the latter half of you bring?

No comments: