Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Up-Down Challenge Weigh-in #16

As promised I weighed myself today and...

192.2 lb - that's a loss of 1.8 lb!

Sure I've been gaining and losing the same couple of pounds for about a month now, but this still feels good.

And I've come to the realization that saving money for every pound lost is not really working, mostly because I want to pay down my student loans and I'm putting all my extra money there.  But the other thing is that I feel I need a more immediate reward for losing.  So...here's my new thing:

For every two pounds lost, I get a new book. 

This is a big deal, as I'm a huge reader and I've got a massive list in my Kobo library of books to buy.  The unfortunate thing is that, this week, no book; I've only lost 1.8 lb.  But to keep this working for me, I'm going to let my losses be accumulative. 

So if I start this amendment of my challenge at 192.2 lb, then once I reach 190.2 lb, I get a book.  If it takes me eight weeks to do so, well then it takes me eight weeks.  If I gain?  Then I have to get back to 192.2 (or less) before I can start counting any loss towards the 2lb requirement. 

I'm thinking this will work for me because, man, I love me a book!  In the meantime, I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing I'm that much lighter. 

Yay!

No comments: