Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gym@work

I went today, finally!  I don't know why, but I was super nervous to use the work gym for the first time, but all was fine.  I went at 3:30 and it was pretty empty, which was nice.  As far as gyms go, it's a gym; it's the showering after that I always find awkward.  I never really know what the proper etiquette is: do I strip down and wrap in a towel to walk to the gym?  Do I wear my sweaty clothes and undress in the shower stall?  Will people walk buck naked to and from the shower?  It's all so puzzling.

I opted for the first option and stripped down, wrapped myself in a towel and, flip flops on feet, went and showered.  It wasn't so bad today because I just did weights, so I wasn't too sweaty.  Tomorrow when I run could be a bit more awkward and messy, especially since my towel barely covers my bum. 

Oh well.  We're all women, right?  We all have the same bits and if you don't want to look, don't look. 

I'm sure I'll be old hat at this whole thing in no time!

No comments: