Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WW Weigh-In #14

Ack, I almost forgot to do my weigh-in today! I did actually weigh in this morning but I was at work today, which threw me off slightly and is why I'm just getting to blogging now. After last week's 5+ lb loss, I was a little pessimistic this week. It all just felt too good to be true...

Last week: 183.8 lb
This week: 184.6 lb
Total gained this week: 0.8 lb

Weight loss target: 181.8 lb
To reach target: 2.8 lb

But it's okay. I've said it before, having a weight gain week here or there is not the end of the world. And it's really helping me to learn what is right and wrong for my body, not just with food but with exercise, sleep, alcohol and any other external influence. Plus, this is only week 14 and I've already proven I can lose 20 lb. I'll just keep going until I hit my target and then I'll work at maintaining.

Though I'll admit, it's hard not to get impatient. After losing 5.2 lb last week, I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be if I could lose that much weight every week and how much faster I'd hit my goals. Then I remind myself that it's as much about being able to maintain a weight and a lifestyle as it is about losing weight. It's no good if I gain all the weight back as soon as I stop with the points and the weigh-ins because I've reached my goal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race, my friends. Slow and steady.

No comments: