Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Couch to 5K update

Well hello! I hope you're all doing well this fine Tuesday afternoon!

Remember how I started the Couch to 5K program? Well, I'm still with it. The first three weeks were a little easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy and today I start week 4.

Last week, the running portion of each workout maxed out at nine minutes. Today, I'm facing a running portion of 16 minutes. Given, it's broken up into more manageable intervals, but suddenly I find myself getting into it. And it's exciting!

By the end of the program I should be running for 30 minutes straight. Right now, that feels almost impossible (emphasis on the almost). Really I just hope I can get through this week. Of course it's not going to get any easier (or maybe it will, as I build up strength) but I'm definitely not ready to fail.

I do have to survive those zombies, after all.

No comments: