Saturday, July 14, 2012

Confessions of a Weight Watcher: Portions

It's been awhile since I posted a WW confession, probably because I've been an all-around bad Weight Watcher. Sigh. But I'm getting back on track which means I'm discovering more sins to confess.

And I must admit: I suck at portion control. 

When I measure, I'm good. When I eat zero-point foods, I'm good (because I pig out). But when I say, "I'll just have a bit", that bit turns into everything in front of me.

Like today, when I ate 3/4 of a small container of Haagen-Dazs rocky road ice cream - and logged a cool 26 points for my efforts. Was it a delicious 26 points? sure. Was it a worthwhile 26 points? Erm, not really. Will I do it again? There's a chance. I mean, those marshmallow swirls were so good and the chunks of almonds were awesome...

But with only 29 points per day, I can think of better ways to spend them. Like on, you know, the food my body needs to function and stuff.

Oh, Haagen-Dazs, it was nice while it lasted.

No comments: