Monday, August 1, 2011

Goal:Plank

I mentioned before that I had some goals in mind that I wanted to achieve before the year is out.  The first one I have to bring up today as it's a monthly challenge I'm issuing for myself and I'm starting today.

The goal: do a plank a day for a month.

Not sure what a plank is?  Well, it's this:


You can also do it this way:

(And I wouldn't mind looking like her!)

My goal is to eventually be able to hold the plank position for one minute.  Right now, I'm good for about 20 seconds and start shaking when I push to 30 seconds.  I also start to lose form after 20 seconds, so I've got some work to do.

The beautiful thing about this goal is that it's so easy to fit into my day.  It's pretty much a guarantee that I'll watch at least one TV show every day, so I'm hoping to fit my plank in during commercials.  Just like that, I get an ab workout and get closer to my goal.

Easy peasy lemon squeezie, as the kids these days would say.

No comments: