Thursday, August 18, 2011

About those numbers...

So, remember the numbers I posted about awhile back?  Well, I've got a different perspective on those numbers now.  I just got back from seeing my doctor and when I told him I was keeping a food journal, he directed me to My Fitness Pal to log what I eat and how much I work out. 

Upon returning to my desk (armed with a salad for lunch, as much out of guilt as out of a desire to eat well) I signed up and got some different information.

To lose a pound a week, I have a daily limit of 1,520 calories.  Much lower than the approximate 2,000 I was given before.  I also have to work out five times a week for an hour to be able to eat that much; if I work out less, I eat less.  This feels a little daunting but I'll see how it goes.  The most important part is going to be seeing the calorie totals from what I eat.  There's also a mobile app for my Blackberry, so even while I'm on vacation next week I'll be able to log what I eat.  Next week could be scary.

BUT - if I keep at this and maintain these targets, I should be down 5 lb by the end of September, which would make me very happy!

---------------------
Plank-a-day: 16/18

No comments: