Friday, July 29, 2011

Running into the long weekend

I RAN 4 KM TODAY!

It wasn't four consecutive kilometres - only 3! - but still, I did a 5km workout with 4km of that spent running.  I'm ridiculously proud of this.  Also, I wasn't exhausted when I was done.  How great is that?!  Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow, but for now, I feel awesome.

And it's also the long weekend, which I'm so ready for.  We've got some great plans that may include a picnic lunch in High Park; a day hike at Mono Cliffs provincial park (I think that's where the Beau wants to go); a night at the movies to use up movie passes we've had since Christmas; some wine; some beer; perhaps some tacos; and Monday at home, relaxing on the couch with video games, knitting, books, movies and a kitty.

Also on Monday I will be getting back on the scale as it will be August 1 and time for me to start monitoring the numbers again.  I'm also going to start listing my goals for the rest of the year and what I need/want to do to help end 2011 on a healthy note and to make sure it really is my healthiest year yet.

But until then, Happy Civic Holiday weekend all!

No comments: