Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone had a most wonderful Christmas!

The Beau and I were fortunate enough to see most of our loved ones over the Christmas holidays (we only missed my Grandma, who was out of town) and, though we had a lot of traveling to do, we didn't encounter bad weather until we were on our way home, so that made it all the better.

And what a holiday it was! We were wined and dined everywhere we went and had it all, from steak and prawns to lamb to turkey; homemade chocolates to butter tarts to Christmas pudding; eggs Benedict and candied bacon; brie and bacon marmalade; cured sausage and crab dip.

Needless to say. we'll be on salads for the next week!

This is also why I skipped the weigh-in yesterday; really, it just wasn't worth it. I'm not even going to pretend I might have lost weight and, honestly, I didn't really want to know how much I'd gained. But January 2 is fast approaching (and is also a Wednesday) so I'll be able to hit reset then and focus on getting my weight down.

I've also discovered why starting a weight-loss plan in January is such a good idea: after all that rich food during the holidays, it's much easier to move to a diet of healthy food in the New Year! And I will be doing just that.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: