Monday, November 12, 2012

The weddling slim-down begins

You would think that being on Weight Watchers would mean I wouldn't have to do any kind of separate slim-down for the wedding, and that's right. It's just I need a swift kick in the butt to get me back on track and getting married is that kick. And that slim-down starts today.


I am starting by having a huge salad for lunch. Did I want a salad? Last night I did, but today, smelling the pizza and burgers and curry in the cafeteria I wanted anything else. ANYTHING. But I stayed strong and got a salad with lots of veg, chopped egg and chick peas for protein and a vinaigrette dressing. I also picked up a fruit and cheese platter for my afternoon snack (which will ideally come after my workout).

Back on track, baby!

So let's see how long this lasts now.

I know I've gotten "back on track" so many times over the past year, so you may be asking how this time will be any different. The wedding is definitely an encouragement but so is my fear: I'm terrified of being a fat bride.

I'm sure it's no generalization to say that every woman wants to look and feel her best on her wedding day and I believe she should, regardless of size or shape. As long as SHE is happy with how she looks, then it's perfect. And I am not happy with how I look now or the idea of putting this body into a wedding dress. So I will be eating a lot of salads.

I was doing the math in my head as well. My wedding is about a year away (date is still not set) so if I were to lose a pound a week for the next year, I'd be down 52 pounds. While the idea of weighing 137 pounds is amazing, I also feel it's a bit unrealistic and probably a little unhealthy. Now if I were to lose 1/2 pound a week, that would be 26 pounds over the year and a final weight of 163 pounds. That number seems okay, actually. Considering my overall WW goal was 170 pounds, I would be okay with 163 pounds.

So all I have to do is lose 1/2 a pound each week between now and when I get married. That's all.

It seems so simple when I write it out like this, but I know it's going to be anything but.

No comments: