Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WW Weigh-In #10

As I posted earlier, I was a bit worried about this weigh-in because I didn't feel I was eating that well. I was tracking all my points and I did have extra activity points left over this week, but I was still worried. (I should probably explain another source of my worry: I weighed myself Tuesday morning to see if I was on track. It showed I was still at 188.8, which is why I wondered if today would be a gain.)

Needless to say, I was surprised:

Last week: 188.8 lb
This week: 186.8 lb
Total lost this week: 2.0 lb
Total lost with WW: 15.2 lb

Weight loss target: 181.8 lb
To reach target: 5.0 lb

I was so surprised, in fact, that I'm considering getting a new scale. On the one hand, this is the same scale I've been using since I started so at least it's consistent - and it has shown me gaining and not losing very much so it's not like I've been losing 2 lb each week regardless of what I'm eating. On the other hand, what if there is something wrong with the scale and I'm getting erroneous numbers? I'd hate to think that I'm hitting targets that aren't really there. And I could try out a different scale in a store but I would be dressed and I don't know what kind of variance that would give - unless I weigh myself at home fully dressed then weigh myself on a new scale in the same clothes and see if the numbers match!

Or I could just stop stressing about this and focus on the fact that my clothes are getting looser and I'm looking slimmer and getting all kinds of compliments and I feel great. Yeah, that sounds like a better plan!

No comments: