Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Channeling my inner Richard Simmons

Word of the day:  trans-form (verb) To undergo a change in form, appearance, or character; become transformed.

Remember when I posted about getting all healthy and weight-loss-y, starting November 1?  Well, I really did mean it and I really am trying.  Really.  It's just a little daunting right now. 

I think I've mentioned before that I am the least patient person I have ever met.  I'm just not good at it at all.  So when it comes to something like losing a chunk of weight, I get impatient and wonder why it can't just all happen all at once.  C'mon, body, get thinner dammit!  So this will be a huge exercise in patience for me, for sure - unless I just lop off a leg.  That would definitely do it.  Hmmm....

I have weighed myself so I know my starting weight and I know my target weight and I'm not sharing any of those numbers (at least not yet...and likely not ever).  I have said I want to drop 30 lb and that's about all I'm going to say.  I respect people who can blog about that kind of thing, who are comfortable listing their starting weight and measurements; I'm just not one of those people. 

But I've got a bigger issue to deal with than sharing numbers and that's the little nagging voice in the back of my mind saying, "You can't do this! Nyah-nyah-nyah!"  Stupid little voice.  To be quite honest, it is much easier to buy larger clothes and tuck into a pizza but I'd just rather not.  So I'm going to try.  I will slip up.  I will not reach all my weekly targets.  I will eat chocolate.  But I will keep trying because, in the long run, it really is good for me. 

Or I could just lop off that leg.

No comments: