Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Up-Down Challenge Weigh-in #9

I weighed myself last night, but got home so late that I've only found time now to do an update.
To be honest, I was scared to get on the scale because I haven't been following any kind of sensible eating plan.  There's been beer and wine, sweets and burgers and not nearly enough exercise.

So imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale to see...193.0 lbs.

That's a loss of 2.6 lbs from last week!  How the hell...?

To be honest, I'm not completely sure how I ended up losing this week, but I have a couple of ideas:

1 - Since starting on Maclean's, I've started eating more throughout the day because my hours are so erratic and I often don't end up going for lunch until around 4:00.  But since I start work around 10:00, that's a long time to go between breakfast and lunch, so I'm snacking.  I've discovered these awesome Fibre 1 bars that are only 100 calories, are full of fibre and have dark chocolate in them, so they fill me up, make me poop and satisfy my sweet tooth all at once.  (Figuratively speaking, of course.)  I'm also snacking on apples and almonds between lunch and dinner too.

2 - The other reason also has to do with Maclean's, but isn't quite as good as healthy snacking.  I may be losing weight due to stress, as I've been very stressed about work since starting.  I've dreamed that I've been fired and I've woken up many nights thinking that I was late for work and that pages were late and all sorts of things.  I really don't want this to be the reason I'm losing because I want to move beyond being stressed all the time.  I guess only time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my 2.6 lb weight loss!

No comments: