Monday, June 25, 2012

Couch to 5K

I've seen mention of the Couch to 5K running plan on Facebook and Twitter so today, when I found myself looking for a good training program for a 5K (that zombie run is coming up) I thought I'd check it out.

It's an 8-week program, which is perfect for me; I now have July and August to get into running shape and then another three weeks before the zombies come at me so with any luck I'll be able to do this. And the workouts are similar to what I've already been doing: walk/run intervals a few times a week, working up to longer running distances.

I thought that I could do my own program if I just tracked it myself but I'm discovering that I like workouts (both weights and cardio) that are structured for me by someone else (namely, someone with more fitness and exercise experience than me). I like having someone tell me that walk/run intervals three times a week will be enough to get me into shape. And I like seeing other people using it - even Jimmy Fallon! - and having success with it.

If you're interested, you can check it out HERE.

I'll let you know how I like it. Really, the only thing I can see impeding me is my own laziness!

No comments: