Saturday, February 28, 2009

Words to live by?

Inspiration can be found in the oddest of places, in the oddest of ways.

At work, my department recently moved from the 8th to the 11th floor and got shiny new cubicles, er, rather pods (sounds a little Invasion of the Body Snatchers), complete with magnetic low-rise walls. Since we previously had bulletin boards and therefore oodles of push pins, these new magnetic walls meant pretty new magnets to affix all the schedules and charts and calendars to the walls. One of my coworkers shared her magnetic poetry with me and I selected words at random, mainly the bigger words because they were the longer magnets.

After putting up all my necessary paperwork, I found three words randomly left over that I pushed to the top of my wall. And what did these three little words say?

Beat all crap.

Sure, it's not quite Eckhart Tolle but I couldn't have planned that better if I'd tried. Not the worst accidental motivational phrase, if I may say so.

No comments: