Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm a regular Professor Trelawney

in-tu-i-tion: (noun) direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

I feel great today. Really, really great. Super great. Awesome great. Totally great.

Why? Not really sure.

But it's like some weight has been lifted. I feel buoyed. I feel energetic. I feel reinvigorated. I feel re-energized. Which is strange because there has been no physical, measurable change in my life to warrant this newfound joy. I say this is strange because there are certain situations in my life that are causing me a great deal of grief and irritation and general unpleasantness.

I also feel like something is going to happen. You know that feeling you get, that you can't really describe and isn't menstrual cramps or indigestion but this weird, flip-floppy stomach feeling that something - something - is going to happen? And it could be big or small, it could be directly beneficial or tacitly worthwhile, it could affect just you or you and everyone else - but it's something. And it's coming. And it has nothing to do with Cloverfield.

I feel almost vomitty in excitement and anticipation. I guess I'm mostly sure why I feel so good, but I don't know what it is that's going to happen.

Really, I'm not trying to be Jo-Jo's Psychic Alliance here or anything. Nor do I think it's just a high-pressure system bringing in a thunderstorm. All I know is I feel happy and optimistic and even a little giddy. And I feel that a li'l sumpin'-sumpin' is comin'.

No comments: