Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's all in my head

sub-lim-i-nal: (adjective) existing or operating below the threshold of consciousness; being or employing stimuli insufficiently intense to produce a discrete sensation but often being or designed to be intense enough to influence the mental processes or the behavior of the individual.

I'm sure, by now, that everyone knows about The Secret. I have toyed with the idea of buying the book and almost did yesterday, but put it back mainly because I've got some other things I should be spending my money on. That's not to say I won't get it at a later date, though. (And the funny thing about this is that I can be very pessimistic towards self-help books.)

But whether or not I actually buy the book, the idea behind it is a pretty simple one and one that I can implement on my own - thinking positively. It's easy to get down on yourself when things are kinda crappy and, with me, it's pretty easy for one simple thing to affect all areas of my life and really drag me down. And since there is one area that I'm not only not happy with but at present unable to easily change, I've been pretty miserable lately and I'd rather not be that way. So book or no book, I've just got to make the effort to think positively. Whether or not this will actually make things happen for me, I don't know, but at least if I think happy I will be happy. Or happier at least. And that's better than where I am now.

No comments: