Sunday, January 4, 2009

To let! To let!

Bah apartment hunting.

I get more irritated than I should when landlords post apartment listings but don't include photos. Given, some classified sites don't allow for pictures but many do and everyone and their uncle has some kind of digital camera so post pictures already! I'd rather not waste my time and theirs by looking at a place I have no interest in seeing. And pictures of the outside of the building/house don't help, nor do pictures of the street, the lobby or the laundromat that is always only steps away.

And I don't want to live in a basement. I don't even want to consider living in a basement. If the apartment is a basement, please say so. None of this "lower level" nonsense; although that is better than completely ignoring the fact the apartment is a basement. These are the postings, though, that always seem to have pictures and it's quite easy to spot a basement apartment as they are the ones with one teeny window tucked up in the corner of the bedroom and no natural light anywhere else in the apartment.

I know I just starting seriously looking and I know I will find something and it will be fine and wonderful and great and everything I want. But I'm still going to complain about no pictures and "lower level" listings. So there.

No comments: