Thursday, December 11, 2008

My world on paper

Working at Rogers Publishing, I'm privy to quite a few good-quality consumer magazines: Chatelaine (my book!), Flare, Lou Lou, Glow, Hello Canada, even Today's Parent, should I want to brush up on my child-rearing skills early. But it is Maclean's that really makes my heart go pitter-patter. I already subscribed before starting at Rogers ($3/month on your Rogers bill if you're a Rogers customer! Subscribe now, dammit!) and now I get to see it before it even hits newsstands! And a few weeks ago, I was with the Production Manager looking at "the wall" (where all the pages are posted so the edit team can see how it all looks) and Andrew Coyne walked thisclose (THISCLOSE!) to me!

And - AND - come February, my department will be moving to the same floor as my second-most favourite magazine. Joy! Bliss! Let the Steve Maich stalking begin! (Despite his right-ish leanings.)

Now if only Rogers could acquire The Hockey News my world would be complete.

No comments: