Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!

Christ-mas: (noun) the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an occasion for exchanging gifts.

Christmas is coming. I don't care if it's not even past Halloween yet. Christmas is coming! In fact, through the wonders of Facebook statuses, I have learned that The Bay is even transforming their window into Christmas goodness already! JOY!

I love Christmas so much. I'm contemplating putting up my tree on Sunday. That's not too early, right? AND I've got about half of my Christmas shopping done, which is wonderful. Some of my Christmas gifts are hand-knitted wonders and right now, I'm almost halfway through a scarf for my mom. Scarves take sooooo loooooong. Seriously, I've been putting in three hours some nights and I feel like I'm getting nowhere. This is why I enjoy mittens. I can knock off a mitten in a day. But I've already done the mittens and now Mom is getting a matching scarf. Hat is next.

But it's all okay, hand cramps and all, because it's for Mom. And it's for CHRISTMAS.

I'll have to post some pictures of my knitted items but not until after the holidays, as some things are gifts and I don't want to give them away.

No comments: