Sunday, April 13, 2008

You can always depend on the kindness of strangers

kind-ness: (noun) the state or quality of being kind; friendly feeling; liking.

Last night I made the grievous error of over-imbibing, meaning I spent the majority of the day on the couch. Being in this state meant dinner would have to be ordered in, as I had no desire or energy to cook. Realizing I had no cash on me and I didn't want to use the credit card, I decided to order from Pizza Hut and pay by debit.

So my pizza arrives and the delivery guy - John - tries three times to run my card, to no avail. The whole time, he's apologizing for the crappy debit machine and thanking me for being patient and laughing over the horking noises emanating from my landlord's apartment. Finally, we realize I will need to get cash, so he lets me take my food upstairs then drives me to the bank machine then drives me home.

He then said next time I order from Pizza Hut, he'll try and be my delivery guy and he'll slip me something extra. Not that he has to, though, because he just made my day. I'll order from Pizza Hut again, if only because he was pretty cool.

No comments: