Monday, January 6, 2014

My 2014 reading list

I'm seriously excited to get back into books. I read quite a bit in 2013 but I don't feel like I read enough, at least not enough new books (I reread some favourites). Getting books for Christmas always makes it easier to kick off a new year with good reads, so that's what I did. I'm starting with The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper. I've read three of his other books and all have creeped me out but good, and so far The Demonologist is good and creepy.

The other books I'm looking forward to reading this year:

The Orenda by Joseph Boyden
The Antagonists by Lynn Coady
Ablutions by Patrick DeWitt
The Apartment by Greg Baxter
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
S. by JJ Abrams & Doug Dorst
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak
The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence

The first four on the list I already own, so that's another good start. And then I have to go book shopping, which is even better!

Ah, reading. I've missed you.

(I'm also going to blog about these books, because I've missed that too.)

No comments: