Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The roller coaster of life

Of all the metaphors for life, I think the I like the roller coaster best: full of ups and downs, moves slowly sometimes but mostly goes by pretty quickly, seems scary at times but it often turns out the scary bits are the most fun.  You know, that sort of thing.

As with most roller coasters, there's a big hill that you go up and then you go down...and then, for a brief moment, you are in the valley, the low point, the bottom of the hill. 

I'm there right now.

I was there yesterday too and it's odd for me to feel low two days in a row, but here I remain.  Blargh.  Sure, life will keep moving forward and I'll have no choice but to start chugging up the next hill and to keep rolling through the ups and downs of the coming days (and weeks and months and years).  But even knowing that, I can't seem to shake this funk. 

Maybe I need to ride a real roller coaster.  Sigh.

No comments: